A DAY IN MDINA AND MOSTA
Amidst history and legend this excursion takes us on a journey of discovery of the city of Mdina and of Mosta for an unmissable look at the island's medieval past.
What we will see
- Mosta: Mosta Dome (Rotunda of the Assumption)
- Mdina: Saint Paul's Cathedral
What we will do
- The excursion starts with a journey to Mosta, to visit the famous dome known as the Rotonda of the Assumption, which is one of the largest domes in the world.
- We then proceed to Mdina, the splendid medieval city and old capital city of Malta, located almost exactly in the centre of the island, where there are precious cultural and religious treasures in a perfect balance between medieval and baroque architecture.
- Here we visit Saint Paul's Cathedral that was rebuilt in the 18th century. It is said that the Cathedral was built in the exact location of the house of Publius, Roman governor at the time of Saint Paul's stay on the island, who subsequently became the first Bishop of Malta.
- There will be 45 minutes of free time before we proceed with our visit to Mdina.
What you need to know
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- The tour of Mdina will be conducted on foot.
- Upon return from an excursion, coaches are not authorized to drop off passengers on the quay where the ship is berthed but only in front of the passenger terminal.