MDINA AND MOSTA
A tour to explore the timeless charm of Mdina and Mosta, visiting places of great architectural interest and incredibly evocative natural scenery.
What we will see
- Mosta: Rotonda of the Assumption (external visit)
- Dingli Cliffs
- Mdina: Saint Paul's Cathedral
- Ta' Qali Crafts Village
What we will do
- The excursion starts with a journey to Mosta, to visit the famous dome known as the Rotonda of the Assumption, which is one of the largest domes in the world.
- We have a brief stop at Dingli Cliffs, to see the spectacular sheer drop over the blue sea that laps the coast of the island.
- We then proceed to Mdina, a picturesque medieval city and the old capital city of Malta, located almost exactly at the centre of the island.
- Here we visit Saint Paul's Cathedral that was rebuilt in the 18th century. It is said that the Cathedral was built in the exact location of the house of Publius, Roman governor at the time of Saint Paul's stay on the island, who subsequently became the first Bishop of Malta.
- Lastly, we stop at Ta' Qali Crafts Village, a famous crafts centre, to see local artisans at work and to shop for souvenirs.
What you need to know
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- Upon return from an excursion, coaches are not authorized to drop off passengers on the quay where the ship is berthed but only in front of the passenger terminal.