HISTORY AND NATURE SURROUNDING SARANDË
Let us discover the Sarandë surroundings with their interesting sights including a charming castle and a superb monastery and immerse ourselves in the marvels of nature at a spring with incredible shades of blue.
What we will see
- Lëkurësi Castle
- Mesopotam Monastery
- Blue Eye
- Free walk around Sarandë
What we will do
- We leave the city of Sarandë behind us on a short transfer to Lëkurësi Castle, built in the 16th century by Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent to keep watch on the bay during the campaign to conquest the nearby island of Corfu.
- We admire its imposing towers and walls and stop for photos to immortalise the magnificent views over Corfu and the Ksamil islets.
- We then move on to the Mesopotam Monastery, built by the Byzantines in the 12th century and perched on a hill. We stop outside to admire its exterior and take a few pictures.
- We continue towards Syri i Kaltër, also known as the Blue Eye, a charming blue lake reminiscent of an iris. We stop off in the shade of the oak trees surrounding the lake and let ourselves be enchanted by the harmonious nature as we observe the dragonflies darting above the water.
- We make our way back to the port and have some free time available to explore Sarandë at our leisure in search of the most beautiful monuments, enjoy a spot of shopping or simply take in the marvellous sea views.
What you need to know
Note: The tour by coach is partly on winding, not asphalted roads. Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.