TOUR OF ALGHERO WITH WINE TASTING
Visit Alghero with a lovely walk to discover its sights and immerse yourself in the charm of a historical winery ending the day with a delicious tasting session.
What we will see
- Alghero on foot
- Sella & Mosca winery
- Tour of the winery
- Testing session of local wines with cheese and sweets
What we will do
- We leave Porto Torres behind us and head towards Alghero on a luxury air-conditioned coach with.
- Once there, we go on a walk to discover the city sights: we stroll along the ancient walls and admire the various towers and bastions that guarded the area, and remain enchanted by the panoramic views.
- We board the coach again and move inland to visit the Sella & Mosca winery. This magnificent estate, with 650 hectares of lush vineyards, is one of the most prestigious wineries in Europe producing excellent wines using exclusively grapes from its own production.
- We find ourselves surrounded by the charming atmosphere of the early 1900s created by the estate buildings, which are still appreciated for the characteristic architecture typical of the era when it was first established.
- We have the opportunity of touring the cellars accompanied by experts who can provide all the information we might require on wine, grape harvesting, vinification and wine-making traditions.
- We can then enjoy a tasting session of local wines paired off with excellent Sardinian cheese and delicious local sweets.
- At the end of this thrilling trip into the wine-making world, we return to the ship.
What you need to know
- Places are limited, so please book early.
- Due to the temperature in the cave, it is suggested to wear a coat or sweatshirt.