THE BEST OF SANTORINI
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
Fall under the spell of wonderful Santorini, pearl of the Aegean, with its unique flavours, relaxing atmosphere and picturesque villages. This excursion will introduce us to the best the island has to offer. Once it has found a place in your heart, it will never leave!
What we will see
Oia, wine tasting
Lunch made from typical products
Church of Panagia Episkopi
Fira, historical centre and ancient port (time permitting)
What we will do
- wWe will travel to Athinios harbour by motor boat before boarding our coach for Oia in the company of our guide.
- En route we will be able to admire the caldera, the volcanic crater now submerged by the sea, surrounded by the high cliffs of Santorini.
- Every corner of the village, characterised by classic white houses suspended over the cliff tops, cobbled streets and magnificent mansions, is worthy of a photograph. The village surprises us with its peerless panoramic views of the neighbouring islands of Folegandros and Sikinos, as well as the now extinct volcano.
We will enjoy another beautiful view of the picturesque Ammoundi and Armeni beaches, before sampling the well-known local wine in a nearby wine cellar. Santorini's rich soil, combined with the rare Assyrtiko grape variety grown on the island, produces a unique wine.
We will discover the island's authentic flavours in a typical restaurant, where we will sample local products, accompanied by a nice glass of wine.
After lunch we will visit the Church of Panagia Episkopi. Dating back to the 11th century, it is the oldest Byzantine church on the island and has lived through pirate raids, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and a fire in 1915. The Virgin Mary is believed to have protected its holy icons from the flames.
Our tour continues to the ancient port of Fira, a fishing village now famous for its black volcanic sand beach, the only one in the Greek islands.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- The tour could be operate the reverse itinerary