BEAUTIFUL OIA AND RELAXING ON PERISSA BEACH
Sightseeing, Swimming, Meal included
Perched on the cliff tops, the village of Oia surprises us with its typical white houses, narrow alleyways, terraces decorated with flowers, and traditional shops. We will treat ourselves to some relaxation time on the black beach at Perissa, before our excursion comes to a beautiful end with a visit to the picturesque town of Fira, the island's capital: a delight for the eyes and the soul.
What we will see
- Ammoundi and Armeni beaches (panoramic)
- Perissa Beach
- Lunch in a typical restaurant
What we will do
- We will travel from the ship by motor boat to Athinios, where we will begin our excursion by continuing on to picturesque Oia.
- In Oia we will venture into the wonderful marble-paved alleyways that wind up and down, lined with the typical ochre-coloured houses topped with the domed blue roofs so typical of the island. The village surprises us with its peerless panoramic views of the neighbouring islands of Folegandros and Sikinos, as well as the now extinct volcano. We will then continue down towards the sea to the two picturesque beaches of Ammoundi and Armeni. We will see the beautiful little church of Saint Nikolaos.
- We will then move on to our paradise of well-being Perissa Beach, famous for its crystal clear waters and black volcanic sand. We will surrender to the call of the sea with a swim in its clear waters, before sunbathing on one of the available deckchairs.
- After a few hours relaxing on the beach, we will give in to the call of our stomachs: a delicious lunch made from local gourmet specialities will be waiting for us in a local restaurant.
- We will continue on to the last stop on our tour: the centre of Fira, the island's capital, characterised by the white houses sheltering beneath steep cliffs: a delight for the eyes and soul.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- We recommend you put your swimming costume on before leaving for the excursion.
- Children share a sun bed with their parents.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.