BEAUTIFUL OIA AND A WALK AROUND FIRA (afternoon)
Get lost among the narrow streets of Oia, marvel at the whiteness of its houses and discover its fragrances, relaxed atmosphere and traditional shops. Reality will exceed your imagination on this unique excursion.
What we will see
- The caldera
- Fira (free time)
What we will do
- We will travel by motor boat to the port of Athinios, where a waiting coach will take us to the northern end of the island to visit the spellbinding town of Oia.
- En route, admire the breath-taking landscapes of the caldera, the volcanic crater now submerged by the sea, surrounded by the high cliffs of Santorini.
- Our guide will show us the village's most interesting sights. We will venture into the wonderful marble-paved alleyways that wind up and down, lined with the typical ochre-coloured houses with blue domed roofs that characterise the island. The village surprises us with its peerless panoramic views of the neighbouring islands of Folegandros and Sikinos, as well as the now extinct volcano. After browsing the shops, where we're sure to find something original, we will set off again, this time for Fira.
- We will stroll through the island's capital, its narrow streets lined with typical white houses, and, after admiring the stunning panoramic views, we will take an unusual form of transport back to the port: a cable car!
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- This tour ends in Thira town. Guests can return to the ship by tender service by the “all aboard” time indicated in the Diario di Bordo.
- Guests can reach the tender service station by cable car or by foot. The ticket for the cable car is included in the price of the excursion.
- In case of multiple presence of ships in port, guests can experience long waiting times at the cable car station.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.?