LONDON AND THE BRITISH MUSEUM
Sightseeing, Cultural, Lunch not included
This fascinating excursion takes us to one of the world's greatest museums, the British Museum in London, where we can quench our thirst for knowledge and culture.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour of London's key attractions
- Covent Garden
- The British Museum
What we will do
- We make our way to the centre of London by coach and remain on board for a panoramic tour of the city, which takes us past the capital's most important landmarks.
- Our tour continues with a visit to the British Museum, one of the largest and most important museums of the history of the world. It was founded in 1753 by Sir Hans Sloane, a doctor and a scientist who brought together a collection of literary and artistic treasures at the museum's original location in the library of London's Montagu House. The collection was purchased by the British government for twenty thousand pounds and opened to the public on 15 January 1759. On display in the present museum are over 8,000 items from every corner of the world and every period in history from the Stone Age to the 20th century.
- We stop for some free time at Covent Garden with its famous crafts market and unforgettable atmosphere created by entertaining street performers.
What you need to know
- The coach journey from the port to the centre of London takes around 2 hours each way.
- A guide is not provided for the return journey to the port.