SALISBURY AND STONEHENGE
Sightseeing, Cultural, Lunch not included
A day to immerse yourself in the mystery and antiquity of the circle at Stonehenge and the medieval town of Salisbury
What we will see
- Medieval town of Salisbury
- Salisbury Cathedral
- Megalithic site of Stonehenge
What we will do
- The first stage of our excursion will take us to the medieval town of Salisbury, originally the town centre in a Roman fortress, Old Serum, lapped by the waters of the river Nadder, the Bourne and the Avon.
- The most famous and unmissable monument in the city is undoubtedly *Salisbury Cathedral, a perfectly preserved primitive Gothic church. Its considerable height means that it can be seen from several miles away.
- Our next stop will see us succumb to the allure of antiquity when we visit the megalithic site of Stonehenge, one of the most mysterious archaeological sites in Great Britain. Situated on a vast plateau, the site is truly impressive. Carbon-14 tests revealed that the complex was built 5,000 years ago during the Neolithic period. It is still not clear who built Stonehenge but many attribute this monument to the Druids. Many people are still entranced by the mystery and charm that surround it.
- We will have a guide who will help us to navigate the site, providing explanations and allowing us to see these impressive monoliths up close.
What you need to know
- The excursion includes a coach trip lasting approximately 3 hours in total.
- A tour of the inside of the cathedral is not included in the excursion itinerary.