FABULOUS INVERARAY CASTLE
We enter into another world as we visit the enchanting Inveraray castle, which fascinates us with its magnificent outline and sloping tower roofs, elegant halls and frescoed walls. It will not be easy to go back to everyday life after this...
What we will see
- Highland views
- Kilchurn castle ruins
- Inveraray castle
- Castle halls
What we will do
- We set off from Oban and venture into the scenic scenery of the Scottish Highlands as far as the Loch Etive fjord before moving inland towards Brander.
- Along the way, we spot the enchanting ruins of Kilchurn castle dating back to the 13th century and one of the most photographed in Scotland as it reflects into Loch Awe surrounded by mountains.
- We reach the scenic Inveraray castle, built on the banks of Loch Fyne in the 18th century and still the official residence of the Dukes of Argyll.
- We admire its imposing size and the combination of Baroque, Gothic and Palladian elements created specifically to make it look as if just come out of a fairy-tale with cone-shaped roofs on the side watch towers and manicured gardens all around it.
- We then move inside to see the sumptuous interiors that astonish us with their elegant furniture, extravagant decorations and magnificent tapestries. The Armoury Halls has walls that are 21 metres high and boasts 1300 armours displayed to create geometrical motifs.
- After visiting the castle, a short transfer takes us to the small town of Inveraray, a series of white houses with shops, restaurants and cafés where we get the chance to get around freely before returning to the ship.