THE BOTANICAL MARVELS OF ARDUAINE GARDEN
This excursion takes us to discover a Scottish region where the mild climate and fertile land gave birth to one of the most enchanting corners of the country: Arduaine Garden is an unmissable attraction for gardening lovers or whoever enjoys nature.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the coast
- Arduaine Garden
- Free walk around the garden
What we will do
- We leave the port behind on a coach and go on a sightseeing tour of the coast headed southwards as we take in amazing views of the sea, saltwater lakes and picturesque villages.
- Our destination is the amazing Arduaine Garden, nestled in a large inlet in the heart of the Scottish Highlands offering fantastic views over Asknish Bay and the wild Shuna, Luing, Scarba and Jura islands.
- In stark contrast, Arduaine Garden is a welcoming and relaxing oasis of lush greenery. Designed by one of the greatest lovers of botany of the Victorian Age James Campbell, it combines the intimate feeling of a private garden with the thrill of admiring a varied collection of marvellous plants from all over the world.
- Famous in particular for azaleas and rhododendrons, this sheltered garden covering around 8 hectares is rich of unspoilt lawns, lakes populated with lilies, ancient woods and an astonishing variety of plant species that create an environment of rare beauty.
- We explore this small Eden with a lovely walk among imposing trees, colourful flowerbeds, rocks covered in musk, magnificent shrubs and enchanting blossoms such as the blue poppy and giant Himalayan lily, which blossoms every seven years!
- We then make our way back to Oban along the coast.