DUBROVNIK AND LOKRUM ISLAND
Nature excursion, Cultural
From architectural to natural beauties: a visit to Dubrovnik's old town followed by a pleasant walk amongst the lush vegetation of the island of Lokrum.
What we will see
- Dubrovnik's old town
- Lokrum island
What we will do
- Our excursion begins with a guided tour, during which we will cross the old town of Dubrovnik on foot.
- At the end of the tour we have some free time to spend in the city's historic streets before boarding a motorboat for the island of Lokrum which once belonged to the Benedictine monks.
- Covered with lush vegetation and strewn with exotic plants, the island was declared a nature reserve in 1964 and in 1976 it was recognised as a Special Forest Vegetation Reserve.
- In this natural park of indescribable beauty we can walk along one of the island's many walking trails to admire the numerous pines and cypresses, the ruins of a historic French fortress and an abandoned monastery.
- Weather permitting, from the characteristic beach of flat, smooth rocks we can also take a plunge into the crystal-clear waters of the Adriatic.
What you need to know
- There are no deckchairs or parasols on the beach.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.