THE GLENMORANGIE WHISKY DISTILLERY AND ROYAL DORNOCH
Cultural, Drink included
We will taste one of Scotland's typical products, the whisky of renowned Glenmorangie distillery, before taking a step back in time among the characteristic streets of Dornoch town.
What we will see
- Glenmorangie Distillery
- Traditional whisky production techniques
- Whisky tasting
- Dornoch Cathedral.
What we will do
- This excursion takes us to the ancient, noble town of Tain, the oldest burgh in Scotland and captivating in terms of its superb, whisky-hued sandstone buildings.
- Here we find the Glenmorangie distillery, where the world renowned malt whisky is produced. "Glenmorangie" means "valley of silence" in Gaelic, a name particularly suited to the scenic location of the distillery and the calm that reigns over it.
- During our enjoyable visit we will be able to appreciate the traditional production techniques, from fermentation to distillation, before tasting this sophisticated dram.
- Our visit to Glenmorangie complete, we move on to the town of Dornoch, crossing the Dornoch Firth Bridge. This small, characteristic town dates back to the 12th century and has changed little in terms of its buildings, as we will see with the cathedral, which has been in use since the Middle Ages.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.?