WHALE WATCHING IN ICELANDIC WATERS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
A fascinating excursion to an whale watching site: cameras at the ready, prepare to take incredible photos of blue whales, fin whales, humpback whales, common minke whales, sei whales and more.
What we will see
- A fascinating excursion to locations with a high probability of spotting whales and other stars of the Icelandic ocean
What we will do
- Boarding our boat, we begin our adventure on the open seas. As soon as we set sail we can admire the beauty of the coast from an entirely new angle.
- A biologist will be our guide to see the Ocean's gentle giants - he will provide us with information and curiosities regarding the many species we will meet during our excursion and advise us on how to make the most of this experience.
- Setting off from here, the probability of spotting some of the 20 whale species that populate these waters is 95%: in less than 10 years, the country has become the North-European whale watching capital. On this wonderful excursion enjoyed by adults and children alike, we may encounter blue whales, humpback whales, killer whales and - a change of theme but just as delightful - dolphins.
- In addition to the whales, we will also get the chance to meet other inhabitants of the area such as the cute Puffins, the symbol of Iceland.
- We recommend taking a camera with you, because these animals can often be seen together, creating an exalting spectacle, thus enabling us to take home breathtaking photographs.
- By behaving properly, we can get the whales to trust us and accompany us for many hours - we will be part of their dances, encompassed by their splashes and charmed by their singing.
- We will then head back while reciprocating the solemn wave of their tales.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- This tour is not recommended for individuals who suffer from sea sickness and those who have mobility problems.
- Even if the weather is fine in Reykjavik, on the open seas it may be windy and it can be very cold even on the warmest days. You are therefore advised to wear clothing that is as warm and comfortable as possible, including hats, scarves, gloves, etc.
- This excursion includes an English speaking guide.
- Whale sightings are not guaranteed as they depend on the season and meteorological conditions.