THORSMORK 4x4 SAFARI THROUGH WATERFALLS AND GLACIERS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Meal included
On a 4x4 discovering the verdant valley of Thorsmork, admiring the splendid views on the glacier, lava plateaus and the Seljakandsfoss waterfall. A delicious BBQ to enrich and end this splendid day and unique experience in a beautiful way.
What we will see
- Lava plateau of Hellisheidi
- Thorsmork valley
- BBQ lunch
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall
What we will do
- Drive per Super 4x4 vehicles over the lava plateau Hellisheidi onto the southern coastal lowlands, to the greenhouse village of Hveragerdi. Our journey takes us through some of the prettiest countryside in Iceland, with the green fields, farms and villages so characteristic of the South.
- We make a short stop at Hvolsvollur before continuing towards the magical land of Thorsmork. From now the route changes as we leave behind the asphalt of the main road and head inland. On our way we have to cross several brooks and rivers thus experiencing the wilderness at its best. In this rock, the valley of Thorsmork marks a clear contrast with its vegetation and grass covered Rhyolite Mountains.
- We drive through the beautiful landscape of the valley of Thormork before stopping for BBQ lunch in the Thorsmork Valley Hut. Before the barbecue feast we explore a little of the area on foot, hiking along a mountain path.
- After this exhilarating experience we head back to Reykjavik, making a one last stop at the waterfall Seljalandsfoss. Here we have the opportunity to walk behind the waterfall!!
What you need to know
- This tour is not recommended for passengers with mobility problems.
- Those who are not able to walk have the option to stay behind enjoy the scenery in Thorsmork Valley.
- BBQ lunch will be serve at Thorsmork Valley Hut not at a restaurant. ?