LOCH NESS BY BOAT
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
A relaxing boat trip on the mysterious Loch Ness will provide evocative views of the peaks that surround the loch and perhaps even a glimpse of the famous Nessie.
What we will see
- Loch Ness
- Loch cruise
What we will do
- We leave Invergordon by coach and head in a south-westerly direction, skirting the Cromarty Firth and passing through the villages of Muir of Ord and Beauly with its evocative ruined Priory to reach our final destination, the stunning Loch Ness, the deepest freshwater lake in Great Britain. Its dark abysses bring terrible stories to mind and visions of strange creatures, particularly the legendary Loch Ness monster.
- Once at the lochside, we will board a boat for a cruise across its famous waters, learning about its geology and history, as well as the legends surrounding Nessie. This is a great opportunity to immortalise the beautiful, evocative mountain panorama. And, who knows, maybe even the mythical monster...
- The final stop on our trip is Inverness, capital of The Highlands, where we will enjoy a brief city tour. This is an ancient city, but one that was almost entirely rebuilt during the 19th century. It is very pleasant to wander through its streets and along the tree-lined boulevards that flank the River Ness.
- At the end of the visit, we will return to the ship at Invergordon.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems or those who suffer from sea sickness.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions the tour may be cancelled.
- We recommend that you bring heavy, waterproof clothing with you.