Sightseeing, Nature excursion
An unmissable excursion through the breathtaking scenery of the Romsdal and Isterdal valleys and the famous Trollstigen, an extremely narrow scenic road with 11 hairpin bends and a hair-raising steep gradient, where we are surrounded by majestic mountains and stunning waterfalls. An indescribable thrill awaits us!
What we will see
- Romsdal Valley, Sogge bridge
- Stigfoss Waterfall
- Isterdal Valley: the Bishop, King and Queen rock formations and the Witches' Peaks
What we will do
- The first stage of our itinerary takes us to the beautiful Romsdal Valley, which is also one of the traditional districts in the county of Møre og Romsdal in central Norway. The Romsdal area is considered one of the best places for excursions, climbing and skiing.
- Once we have crossed the*Sogge bridge, we head for the **Isterdal valley. Here, the road climbs up towards **Stigfoss Waterfall* and then to Trollstigen or "Trolls' Path". This truly breathtaking road is closed to traffic in winter; it has 11 hairpin bends, a 12% gradient and a single lane for almost the entire route. The road was completed in 1936 after eight years' work and was declared a National Tourist Route in 2012.
- We take the Trollstigen to reach the wonderful panoramic viewpoint overlooking the Isterdal valley where we see the spectacular waterfalls and typical rock formations surrounding it which have been given special names: Kongen (the King), Dronningen (the Queen) and Bispen (the Bishop) on one side and the "Witches' Peaks" on the other.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.