SIGHTS OF GEIRANGER
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
A full immersion in the unspoilt nature of Geirangerfjord, protected site by UNESCO, admiring the best of Western-Norway and a breathtaking views of mountains, waterfalls, fjords and valleys.
What we will see
- Village of Geiranger
- Scenic view of the village and the Geirangerfjord
- Lake Djupvatn and Dalsnibba Mountain: mountains, glaciers, waterfalls and lakes
- Djupvasshytta: free time
What we will do
- Our tour begins in the pleasant village of Geiranger and will continue to the top of the mountain along the extremely steep Geiranger road.
- During the journey, we stop to enjoy a marvellous scenic view of the village of Geiranger below, the famous fjord and surrounding mountains. Verdant and unspoilt countryside as far as the eye can see.
- We continue on to Lake Djupvatn, then take the road to the top of Dalsnibba Mountain (1,500 m).
- If there is enough time, we can again enjoy a view of the breathtaking landscape of mountains, glaciers, waterfalls and lakes.
- We make a stop at Djupvasshytta, where we will have some free time to go looking for souvenirs and take photos of the lake to take home as lovely memories.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- For safety reasons, if the road to Mount Dalsnibba is closed or covered by snow, an alternative panoramic view point will be suggested depending on weather conditions.