EXCURSION THROUGH THE FLO MOUNTAINS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Meal included
On this short excursion, we discover the beautiful Geirangerfjord and Stryn Lake, and the striking mountains and splendid landscape of waterfalls, lakes and traditional farm buildings that surround them.
What we will see
- Geiranger, Dalsnibba Mountain and a photo opportunity at Flydal Gorge
- Stryn Road and Lake
- Flo and its orchards
- Powerful mountains and glaciers and splendid natural landscape
- Traditional farm buildings
What we will do
- We depart by coach from Geiranger and ascend Dalsnibba Mountain, with the chance to take a photo stop at Flydal Gorge. On a clear day, this viewpoint offers a splendid scenic view of the fjord and surrounding mountains.
- We take the new Stryn mountain road which, with a range of tunnels, makes the descent possible even during the winter season. We descend to Lake Stryn, continuing on to the magical, orchard-sprinkled village of Flo. From this point, the excursion will continue on foot.
- During the climb we will briefly stop to admire Lake Stryn, where we see imposing mountains such as Skåla and Lofjellet and numerous smaller glaciers reflected in the waters.
- During the excursion, we will pass close to three seter (traditional farm huts); the preservation status of the structures remains excellent and there is still some evidence of the traditional methods which were used in the past.
- Our route offers the opportunity to admire the majestic, splendid landscape made up of mountain lakes and we will ascend to a maximum height of 550 metres above sea level.
- At the Vollster alpine hut, we will get on-board the coach once again for the last part of the tour, which takes us to the Hellesylt area, before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- We recommend wearing comfortable, hard-wearing shoes.
- We recommend that you bring a wind-proof jacket as the mountain air can be cold even on a sunny day.
- The hiking will take less than 3 hours.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- For safety reasons, if the road to Mount Dalsnibba is closed or covered by snow, an alternative panoramic view point will be suggested depending on weather conditions.
- Participants will rejoin the ship at Hellesylt.