ADVENTURE ON THE PREIKESTOLEN, THE ?PULPIT? ROCK HIGH ABOVE THE FJORDS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Packed lunch
An adventurous excursion that takes us from the port of Stavanger into the heart of Norway to visit the Preikestolen, the vertiginous pulpit rock that overlooks the Lysefjord from on high, treating us to views that are nothing short of breath-taking.
What we will see
- Petroleum Museum
- Ferry crossing on Hidlefjorden
- Jørpeland village
- Preikestolen Refuge
- Hike towards the Preikestolen
What we will do
- We will skirt the port of Stavanger by coach, giving us the opportunity to admire the new Petroleum Museum. Stavanger, the heart of the Norwegian oil industry, is the country's fourth largest city in terms of population and is located at the entrance to the Gandsfjord, sheltered from the North Sea.
- Here we will board a ferry to sail along the Hidlefjorden to Tau, located to the north east.
- We will then continue by coach through the village of Jørpeland, located along the Isefjord, to the Preikestolen Refuge.
- From there, we will walk along a rocky mountain path to admire the stunning views dotted with small lakes. This area, which is home to a substantial population of ptarmigan, is well-known to local hunters and fishermen.
- Continuing our walking tour, we will reach the Preikestolen (the pulpitrock ), a flat rock that overlooks the Lysefjord from a height of 604 metres above sea level. From here, we can enjoy beautiful views of the surrounding mountains.
- After our visit, we will return along the same path to the Preikestolen Refuge, where our coach will be waiting to take us back to Stavanger.
What you need to know
- The Preikestolen area is not secure. We therefore recommend you move with caution and keep a safe distance from the cliff edge.
- This excursion includes a walk along a rocky mountain path with steep sections: please wear sturdy shoes.
- We recommend you wear a waterproof windbreaker over your clothes.
- Do not throw litter or food waste and respect the surrounding environment.
- This outdoor excursion will take place in all weathers, with the exception of snow.
- We do not accept any responsibility for the unavoidable risks inherent in the activities included in this type of tour.
- The walk covers a distance of approximately 6 km with a difference in height of approximately 340 metres from start to finish.