CITY TOUR OF GÖTEBORG
A comfortable sightseeing tour to discover the main sights of lovely Göteborg, a city crossed by water as you would expect in any northern city. From the squares and large boulevards passing through the parks, botanical garden and event district with its numerous attractions to fully discover the modern soul and “green” spirit of this wonderful city.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Göteborg
- Gustav Adolf square and Opera House
- Linnéstaden district and Slottskogen park
- Götaplatsen square and bronze statue of Poseidon
- Time for shopping in the city centre and along the Avenyn boulevard
- Masthuggskyrkan church and botanical garden
- Event district: Svenska Mässan, Scandinavium, Liseberg amusement park and Ullevi Stadion
- Stop for photos in Ramberget with panoramic views of the city
What we will do
- We start our sightseeing tour of Göteborg by crossing Gustav Adolf square the hub of public life and seat of the Town Hall built in 1673. This square is one of the city’s main squares and is named after the famous 17th-century Swedish king and great leader who founded Göteborg.
- Our itinerary continues along the river crossing the city, where we remain enchanted as we take in the majestic Post-Modern Opera House overlooking the water.
- We return towards the centre along the elegant boulevards of the Linnéstaden district flanked by amazing buildings and reach the city’s most famous park, Slottskogen, which was once annexed to a royal palace and turned into a public park at the end of the 19th century.
- At the end of the magnificent Avenyn boulevard, we come across another famous square: Götaplatsen, inaugurated in 1923 on the occasion of an international fair to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the founding of the city. The square represents the cultural hub of the city with its Auditorium, Art Museum, Theatre and Municipal library. At the centre of the square, we admire the majestic bronze statue of Poseidon by Carl Milles and one of the city’s symbols.
- Before continuing on our tour, we have some free time available for shopping in the city centre and along the Avenyn boulevard which also boasts many pubs and restaurants.
- The itinerary continues with an interesting visit to Masthuggskyrkan, a church built in 1914 in the Swedish Romantic style and one of the city’s symbols as well as a popular tourist attractions thanks to its incredible vantage point.
- We also pay a short visit to the lovely Botanical garden featuring plants from all over the world including magnificent rare and protected samples as well as large meadows, clearings and forests where we can go for a stroll or enjoy a picnic.
- We continue our tour exploring the district hosting events of all kind such as the Svenska Mässan exhibition and congress centre, the Scandinavium, i.e. the city's most important arena hosting shows and sports events, the gigantic Liseberg amusement park filled with thrilling attractions suitable for all ages and visited every year by around 3 million people and the Ullevi Stadion built for the 1958 Football World Cup and home to the local team, IFK Göteborg.
- Before retuning to the ship, we stop for photos in Ramberget offering amazing panoramic views of the city.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.