YLLÄS HALLI ARCTIC CENTRE: A TASTE OF LAPLAND IN HELSINKI
An unusual excursion in sub-zero temperatures: enjoy fun typically Nordic sporting activities before returning to Helsinki to admire and visit some of the Finnish capital's most interesting sights.
What we will see
- Ylläs Halli Arctic Centre, fun typically Nordic sporting activities
- Helsinki: Senate Square, Market Square, city centre
- Sibelius Park and Monument
What we will do
- After leaving the port of Helsinki we will cross the city by coach to the Ylläs Halli Arctic Centre, a sports centre dedicated to Nordic winter sports where fun and excitement are guaranteed.
- The temperature at the sports centre is constantly kept below zero to guarantee the fun typically Nordic sporting activities: from cross-country skiing, king of all Nordic skiing, to curling, from sledge tracks to ice skating or snowtubing. It is no coincidence that the centre takes its name from Ylläs, a well-known tourist town in Finnish Lapland.
- At the entrance to the centre we will be provided with thermal clothing and boots that will allows us to stay as comfortable as possible while taking advantage of the attractions.
- After an enjoyable stop for a drink in the centre's Ice Bar, we will return by coach to Helsinki, admiring some of the main monuments and sites of interest en route.
- Once in the centre, we will make a photo stop before visiting Senate Square and Market Square.
- We will be able to take advantage of some free time to explore the city centre, before setting off once again for Sibelius Park, where we will get a close-up view of the monument dedicated to the famous Finnish composer and violinist. After completing this final stage of our tour, we will return to the ship.
What you need to know
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- We recommend wearing suitable clothing.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if there are no Italian speaking guides available then the local guide's commentary will be translated into Italian by a local translator.