A MORNING AT YUSUPOV PALACE PLUS CANAL CRUISE
A visit to a historical building steeped in charm and dark secrets, the symbol of one of the most important noble families in Russia, and finally, a cruise along the crystal-clear canals of St. Petersburg.
What we will see
- Tour of Yusupov Palace
- Cruise along St. Petersburg's canals
What we will do
- We will leave the port and head to Yusupov Palace, a pivotal landmark in Russian history in the 18th and 19th centuries. This palace's history is inextricably linked to St. Petersburg and it was also the destination of many different famous Russians over the years. It was in this very residence belonging to the aristocratic Yusupov family that Rasputin was killed in 1916 in a masterful power play.
- The palace interior has been carefully restored and is partially used as a cultural centre for teachers. We will admire the ceremony rooms, the halls and the Yusupov princes' private theatre which is one of a kind.
- We will embark on a cruise along the canals that cut through the city for 300 km. That is how we will spend the next hour, passing the wonderful palaces overlooking the river and sailing beneath picturesque bridges. Whilst the coloured domes and fairy-tale buildings bewitch us with their reflections twinkling on the water, our guide will tell us stories and legends about the noble families that once owned the buildings on the riverbank.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- The boat has seats inside and outside; in the event of inclement weather, you are advised to bring a raincoat and wear appropriate clothing.
- The price of the excursion includes tickets to use cameras and/or video cameras inside the palace.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- This tour is not recommended for Guests with mobility problems.
- Wheelchairs and pushchairs are not allowed inside palaces and museums.