VISIT TALLINN AND THE ESTONIAN OPEN AIR MUSEUM
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
Split between the Upper Town and Lower Town, the capital of Estonia is waiting to reveal its rich history, and nowhere is this portrayed more clearly than at the Estonian Open Air Museum.
What we will see
- Tallinn Upper Town with panoramic views
- St Nicholas' Church, Raekoja Square, Town Hall, Raeapteek
- Estonian Open Air Museum with folklore show
What we will do
- We will begin our day with a visit to the Upper Town, enclosed by thick fortification walls and home to the mansions of the nobility and Tallinn's oldest church, which dates back to the 13th century. From the lookout points, we can gaze out over the city's spires and skyline.
- We will then walk down from the fortress to the Lower Town, or Old Town, which was once the preserve of merchants and is surrounded by a protective embankment. Our walk will take us to the St Nicholas' Church in Raekoja Square, home to the 14th-century Gothic Town Hall and the Raeapteek, the oldest pharmacy in the Baltic States.
- After a delicious lunch in a typical restaurant in the centre, we will continue on to the Estonian Open Air Museum, dedicated to folklore and home to authentic examples of rural architecture from the 17th to the 19th centuries, with antique furniture and utensils. We will also enjoy a folk dance show with dancers wearing the colourful Estonian national costume.
- At the end of the day, we will have some free time to indulge in a spot of shopping before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- Headsets are included in the tour
- The tour involves walking for about 2 hours, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- Suitable clothing is recommended for entrance to places of workship. During religious celebrations, the visit will be from outside only.?