VISIT OF TALLINN
From the beautiful views of the Upper Town to its imposing cathedral, from its squares to historic buildings, this comprehensive tour allows you to explore the most picturesque corners of the Estonian capital.
What we will see
- Tallinn Upper Town with panoramic views
- Cathedral of Toompea and Cathedral of Aleksander Nevsky
- St Nicholas' Church, Raekoja Square, Town Hall, Raeapteek
- House of the Brotherhood of Black Heads, Great Guild and craft market
What we will do
- We will begin our day with a visit to the Upper Town, enclosed by thick fortification walls and home to the mansions of the nobility and Tallinn's oldest church, which dates back to the 13th century. From the lookout points, we can gaze out over the city's spires and skyline. Visits to the Cathedral of Toompea and the Cathedral of Aleksander Nevsky are not to be missed.
- We will then walk down from the fortress to the Lower Town, or Old Town, which was once the preserve of merchants and is surrounded by a protective embankment. Our walk will take us to the St Nicholas' Church in Raekoja Square, home to the 14th-century Gothic Town Hall and the Raeapteek, the oldest pharmacy in the Baltic States.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- Suitable clothing is recommended for entrance to places of workship. During religious celebrations, the visit will be from outside only.
- Headsets are included in the tour.
- The tour involves walking for about 2 hours, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.