THE NATURAL BEAUTY SPOTS OF MEMEL
Cultural, Shopping, Meal included
This excursion will take us into the heart of the Nature of Lithuania following birds' migration routes and includes a final stop in the charming city of Klaipeda.
What we will see
- Lithuanian countryside and Curonian Lagoon
- Vent_ Ornithological station and Old Lighthouse
- Klaipeda City Centre and Theatre Square
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and head towards the town of Vent_. During our journey, we have the opportunity to observe the magnificent Lithuanian countryside as we pass through villages and small hamlets. We may also be able to see the white storks, which choose this area of western Lithuania to nest in great numbers.
- To reach Vent_ from Klaipeda, we head towards the city of Priekule, where Immanuel Kant's great grandfather was born. During the journey, we admire the Curonian Lagoon and the amazing view of the Curonian spit.
- Once we arrive in Vent_s Ragas (Vent_ Cape), we visit the Ornithological station, located along one of the main north-south migration routes. The Old Lighthouse, from where it is possible to see Nida, is just a few steps away.
- We then have lunch in a local restaurant and head back to Klaipeda, where we take one last stroll among the souvenir stalls in Theatre Square, where craftsmen, weavers and sculptors display their skills. We return to the ship, content with our shopping.