HELICOPTER ADVENTURE OVER THE LYSEFJORD
The ideal opportunity for those who want to see the beautiful Stavanger region from a whole new perspective, taking advantage of stunning panoramic views of some of the most unspoilt and wild landscapes Norway has to offer.
What we will see
- Mountains and glaciers
What we will do
- Our adventure begins in Stavanger. The heart of the Norwegian oil industry, it is the country's fourth largest city in terms of population and is located at the entrance to the Gandsfjord, sheltered from the North Sea. The city has a fascinating architectural heritage that combines tradition and modernity, with numerous picturesque wooden houses that were once home to seafarers and craftsmen overlooking the port.
- We will arrive at the heliport after a short coach journey and take off for the Lysefjord, which stretches inland for approximately 50 kilometres. This fjord is considered the wildest because it is surrounded by rugged mountain peaks and glaciers. Only in small pockets is there enough space for small isolated farms, surrounded by breath-taking landscapes.
- We will arrive at the Preikestolen (the pulpitrock ), a flat rock that overlooks the Lysefjord from a height of 604 metres. It is a very popular tourist attraction that boasts wonderful views of the surrounding landscapes.
- We will now head west over a stunning mountainous landscape dotted with lakes, before returning towards the fjord and eventually the heliport.
What you need to know
- A 3- or 6-seater helicopter will be used for the flight: the helicopter used will be chosen the day before.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions the tour may be cancelled at short notice.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.