Sightseeing, Cultural, Packed lunch
A visit to the fascinating city of Berlin to admire its countless monuments and sights and retrace the long troubled history of this modern metropolis with many stops for photos and a bit of time for shopping.
What we will see
- Potsdamer Platz
- The Berlin Wall
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Luftwaffe HQ
- Bebelplatz/ Book burning memoriall
- Site of Hitler’s bunker
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Pariser Platz
- Brandenburg Gate
- Charlottenburg Palace
- Victory Column
- Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
What we will do
- We reach the lively cosmopolitan city of Berlin, the capital of unified Germany, and go on a walking tour to admire its most significant places. On our way into the side, we are already able to see Charlottenburg Palace, the largest historic palace still standing in Berlin after the Second World War and the Victory Column.
- During the walking tour, we will be able to see few symbols of Berlin such as the Brandenburg Gate, an imposing Neoclassical monument that has been a point of reference for the city for over two centuries, and the Reichstag, the seat of the German parliament. We also enjoy views of Potsdamer Platz, a urban-architectural masterpiece of the new Berlin.
- We continue to see the Checkpoint Charlie, famous crossing point between the Soviet and the US sectors and visit all the sights of East Berlin like Bebelplatz where, in 1933, the Nazis burned the books by authors who had declared themselves against the Third Reich; the Gendarmenmarkt, the site of Hitler’s bunker, the Memorial to the Murdered Jews and the Berlin Wall.
- After the walking tour, we will enjoy free time and are able to explore Berlin by ourselves for a short while. We then return to the bus and whilst leaving Berlin, we enjoy the view of the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church as well as the famour Kurfürstendamm with its very popular KaDeWe.
What you need to know
- The guides will await guests in Berlin. During the outward and return journey, a local escort will accompany us.
- The coach transfer to Berlin takes approximately 3 hours each way.
- High level of walking included in tour. For guests with difficulties to walk – group can meet these guests after the walking tour again at the bus.
- This tour includes a basket lunch prepared by our ship staff.