Sightseeing, Cultural, Packed lunch
A visit to the fascinating city of Berlin to admire its countless monuments and sights and retrace the long troubled history of this modern metropolis with many stops for photos and a bit of time for shopping.
What we will see
- Charlottenburg Palace
- Brandenburg Gate
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Topography of Terror
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Site of Hitler’s bunker
- The Berlin Wall
What we will do
- We reach the lively cosmopolitan city of Berlin, the capital of unified Germany, and go on a walking tour to admire its most significant places. On our way into the side, we are already able to see Charlottenburg Palace, the largest historic palace still standing in Berlin after the Second World War and the Victory Column.
- During the walking tour, we will be able to see few symbols of Berlin such as the Brandenburg Gate, an imposing Neoclassical monument that has been a point of reference for the city for over two centuries, and the Reichstag, the seat of the German parliament.
- We continue to see the Tiergarten, a popular city park and cultural forum, the Holocaust Memorial, the Memorial to the Murdered Jews, the Topography of Terror and Checkpoint Charlie, the famous crossing point between the Soviet and the US sectors.
- We also see the Führerbunker - site of Hitler’s bunker - and the Berlin Wall.
- During the walking tour we also have some time for shopping.
What you need to know
- The guides will await guests in Berlin. During the outward and return journey, a local escort will accompany us.
- The coach transfer to Berlin takes approximately 4 - 4.30 hours each way.
- High level of walking included in tour. For guests with difficulties to walk – group can meet these guests after the walking tour again at the bus.
- This tour includes a basket lunch prepared by our ship staff.