AMSTERDAM'S HISTORIC BUILDINGS, CANALS AND MARKETS, AND THE HEINEKEN EXPERIENCE
Sightseeing, Cultural, Lunch not included
A day of fun and entertainment. We will go on a sightseeing tour through the streets of Amsterdam to see some of its most famous buildings, we will hop on board a boat for a picturesque cruise along the canals, we will stroll through two of Amsterdam's most typical markets and succumb to the Heineken Experience in the old factory that has been converted into a tourist attraction.
What we will see
- Canal cruise
- Flower market and Albert Cuyp market
- Panoramic tour of Amsterdam by coach
- Heineken Experience
What we will do
- We will leave the ship and start our day with a pleasant boat cruise tour of the incredible city of Amsterdam. The constant presence of water is always fascinating; it is an integral part of the city's character.
- After our boat cruise, we board the coach again and head to two of the most famous markets in the city: the Flower market and the Albert Cuyp Markt. The former is the first and only floating flower market in the world, a status it has held since the second half of the 19th century when flowers and plants were brought into the city on a daily basis across the water. Today it is a popular tourist destination where you can find bulbs and all kinds of souvenirs for sale, as well as flowers and plants.
- The Albert Cuyp market, very popular with the Dutch and very busy in all seasons, has not been completely discovered by tourists yet. Every day, 260 stalls offer the many visitors all kinds of products, from clothing to food. While we roam freely in this flurry of images, colours and aromas, we can treat ourselves to a tasty cup of "Dutch style" coffee and a delicious stroopwafel, the famous typical waffle made from two thin wafers filled with caramel syrup.
- Before embarking on the next stage of our trip, we can enjoy some free time for a quick lunch in one of the many bistros in the area.
- Not far from this incredibly vibrant commercial street, the most exciting part of our day awaits us: the Heineken Experience. We enter the old factory that produced the famous Heineken beer which has been converted into a tourist attraction for a fantastic, interactive and dynamic tour of the Heineken world. We will learn everything there is to know about the history of the brand that goes back more than a century, one of the three biggest brands in the world, and before leaving we sample a nice glass of Heineken . On the house!
What you need to know
- Minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- The minimum age permitted for the consumption of beer is 16.?