PREMIUM TOUR ST. PETERSBURG AND THE HERMITAGE WITH A TOUR OF THE DIAMOND ROOM
Cultural, Fishing, Meal included
A day dedicated to St. Petersburg's key sights and the delights of Russia's most important museum, with a visit to see the treasures in the stunning Diamond Room.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the Winter Palace, Neva River, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood
- Tour inside the Peter and Paul Fortress and the cathedral of the same name
- Guided tour of the Hermitage Museum including the Diamond Room
What we will do
- Our excursion will begin with a sightseeing tour of the city, passing its famous streets and sights and admiring its well-known buildings from outside. Highlights include the Winter Palace, the Neva River, Saint Isaac's Cathedral and the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood. We will travel alongside the city's canals, flanked by lavish, sparkling buildings with gold spires, cathedrals with colourful bulbous domes, and beautiful gardens full of flowers.
- We will stop in the heart of St. Petersburg for a tour inside the Peter and Paul Fortress and the cathedral of the same name, where political prisoners were kept before the October Revolution. We will find ourselves in the tallest building in the city which also holds the tombs of the Romanovs and beautiful 18th-century icons.
- After a delicious lunch of typical Russian food, we will move on to the Winter Palace on the banks of the Neva river, home to the Hermitage Museum. There, we will discover part of this extremely famous museum where over three million works of art have been preserved including Egyptian, Babylonian, Assyrian, Chinese and Indian archaeological artefacts as well as priceless paintings and memorable pieces from the Russian imperial court.
- We will reach the highlight of our day when we cross the threshold to the Diamond Room in the Hermitage Museum. Named the Treasure Gallery during Catherine the Great's reign and recently renovated, the room holds a unique collection of jewels created by Russian, European and Asian artists, collected by the emperors for over two centuries. We will be entranced by exquisite pieces like the famous gold of the Scythians and the Greeks, the abundance of royal gifts and the fabulous collection of jewels from Western Europe created by the most renowned artisans of that time.
What you need to know
- No shopping preview, more time for Museums!
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- The tour includes a wait before visiting the Hermitage and an itinerary on foot lasting approximately 2 hours.
- Due to its size, it is not possible to visit the entire museum; the museum's management team will decide which areas we will see.
- It is not permitted to use cameras inside the Diamond Room.
- The order of the visits may be reversed. Headsets are included in the tour.
- The tour involves a lot of walking. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- This tour is not recommended for Guests with mobility problems.
- Suitable clothing is recommended for entrance to places of worship. During religious celebrations the visit will be from outside only.
- Wheelchairs and pushchairs are not allowed inside palaces and museums.