HISTORIC ROSTOCK AND VISIT TO BREWERY (intransit)
Sightseeing, Cultural, Tasting
A lovely walking tour of the main places of historic interest within the city of Rostock, with a final visit to an artisan brewery.
What we will see
- Ancient walls, Kröpeliner Tor, gardens of the Monastery of the Holy Cross
- University of Rostock, Blücher monument, The Joy of Living Fountain
- Church of St. Marien, astronomical clock
- Brauhaus Trotzenburg, artisan beer and pretzel tasting.
- Boat ride from the city port of Rostock back to Warnemünde
What we will do
- After a short transfer from the port of Warnemünde, we will begin our walking tour within the centre of Rostock, where we will follow our guide along the ancient walls. We will pass the Kröpeliner Tor, one of the city gates, to arrive at the gardens of the Monastery of the Holy Cross.
- On our tour we will reach the square dominated by the building which is home to the University of Rostock, the oldest within the Baltics, founded in 1419.
- We will head towards the Blücher monument, the Field Marshall victorious over the Napoleonic troops in Waterloo, and the Joy of Living Fountain (Brunnen der Lebenfreude).
- At this stage, we will have some free time to walk around the centre or purchase some souvenirs.
- Our walking tour continues with a visit inside the majestic Church of St. Marien, which houses an astronomic clock dating back to the 15th Century. We will set off on a brief journey towards Brauhaus Trotzenburg, a small but operational brewery where we can taste a tankard of fresh artisan beer, along with a nice pretzel, and finally purchase a little souvenir as a memory of this interesting excursion.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- Limited number of tour guides available, we recommend that you book early.
- The excursion involves long periods of walking, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.