THE "MOLLI" TRAIN AND MINSTER ABBEY (intransit)
The incredible experience of a journey along the Bad Doberan coast to Kühlungsborn, within both narrow and fascinating carriages of the Molli steam train.
What we will see
- Warnemünde: panoramic tour of the city and the surrounding countryside
- Bad Doberan: Cathedral, station, Molli steam train
- Kühlungsborn: relax on the beach, Strandkorb, coffee and cake in the hotel
What we will do
- This excursion offers the opportunity to spend some time enjoying and relaxing on the Baltic coast. The excursion begins on-board a coach providing a short panoramic tour en-route to Warnemünde and the surrounding countryside right up to Bad Doberan.
- Within this very small city, we will admire the beautiful red-brick Cathedral of 1368, one of the best examples of Gothic architecture within northern Germany. The Cathedral also presents traces of evident influence of the dominating Gothic style, elements which feature in other Hanseatic churches and features typical of the buildings of the monks of Zisterzienser during the period.
- Once we have visited the Cathedral, we will take the coach to the station with the extremely narrow railway gauges to board the 'Molli' train. On-board the appealing little steam trainwe will pass through a magical landscape, amongst forests and small villages, until we reach Kühlungsborn, which since 1880 has been one of the most famous beach resorts in Germany.
- Once we arrive, we will have free time to take a walk on the beach, wet our feet in the fresh waters of the Baltic or simply relax seated in the typical Strandkorb special wooden beach chairs covered with a wicker layer used on Nordic beaches to protect from the sun but sometimes also the wind and rain.
- At the end of this pleasant excursion, we will go to one of the hotels along the coast for a coffee and a delicious slice of cake.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.