THE DALMATIAN COAST FROM ZADAR TO ŠIBENIK
Let us discover Dalmatia by crossing its fascinating territory filled with natural beauty to visit the historic-architectural gem of Šibenik on the Adriatic coast and immerse ourselves in the rural atmosphere of the past in the traditional village of Primošten Burnji.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Dalmatia
- Šibenik: guided tour of the city
- Cathedral of St. James
- Free time in Šibenik
- Village of Primošten Burnji
- Walk, folk show and traditional snacks
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and begin our excursion with a sightseeing tour of Dalmatia headed south taking in the typical fascinating Mediterranean nature of this land that creates panoramas of incomparable beauty between the hills and the sea.
- We then reach Šibenik, a charming city overlooking the valley where the Krka river meets the sea.
- We go on a guided tour of the city, nestling in the shape of an amphitheatre around the harbour and hills with a lovely city centre made up of a maze of alleyways with flights of steps and vaulted passageways.
- We visit the marvellous Cathedral of St. James, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a combination of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque elements.
- After our guided tour, we have some free time to explore Šibenik at our leisure before getting back on our coach.
- We proceed towards the village of Primošten Burnji, dotted with old stone buildings in the traditional local architectural style surrounded by olive groves and vineyards.
- We take some time to stroll around the village and visit some of the houses which, in some cases, date back to over 300 years ago.
- During our stay in Primošten Burnji, we get the chance to enjoy a folk music show as we try a few traditional Croatian snacks. After the visit, we return to Zadar.