THE BEST OF BARBADOS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Drink included
A trip upon the discovery of Barbados' history and culture, an island of a thousand contrasts which offers breathtaking views and picturesque towns looking over the sea which present all shades of blue imaginable.
What we will see
- Bridgetown, Ilaro Court, State of Bussa
- Gun Hill Signal Station
- Bathsheba, Speightstown
- Farley Hill National Park
What we will do
- The first stop on our trip is the visit to one of the largest capitals in the Caribbean, the small yet dynamic city of Bridgetown.
- The minibus sightseeing tour takes us to Ilaro Court, official residence of the Prime Minister, and to the Statue of Bussa, erected in 1986 to commemorate the emancipation from slavery.
- We will head towards Gun Hill Signal Station, English small fortress built in 1818 which accommodates the famous limestone lion, sculpted by Captain Wilkinson in 1868.
- We will descend towards the Atlantic Coast and visit the characteristic village of Bathsheba, where we will stop for a drink.
- The minibus will then take us to Farley Hill National Park, which takes its name from a magnificent colonial house which was destroyed in 1965 by a fire.
- On the return trip to Bridgetown, we will pass the picturesque fisherman village of Speightstown and go along the western coast, or 'Platinum Coast', with its luxurious villas and hotels for those heavenly holidays.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of English speaking guides.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.