ST. LUCIA BY LAND AND SEA
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Swimming, Meal included
A magnificent excursion divided into two parts - we explore St. Lucia firstly by sea, with a catamaran/sailing ship cruise to discover the beaches and breathtaking scenery of Soufrière, then we continue by coach to admire the typical banana plantations and landscapes. A truly complete and unmissable tour!
What we will see
- Beach, town of Soufrière, Pitons, sulphur springs, botanical gardens, tropical flora and fauna
- Restaurant buffet
- Local banana plantations
- Pointe Seraphine shops
What we will do
- During the first part of our excursion, which is carried out aboard a motor catamaran/cruising boat, we stop just off a beach where we can go for a swim. From here, we reach the small town of Soufrière, nestled in the foothills of the Pitons, two famous twin volcanoes - Gros Piton (797 m) and Petit Piton (750 m) - symbol of the island and declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, from where we can enjoy amazing views.
- Soufrière means “solfatara” and is named after the sulphur water springs that are so common in the region. Founded by the French in 1746, Soufrière is now a lively town with a typically Caribbean atmosphere. Here, we can visit the sulphur springs offering an amazing bubbling sulphur spectacle.
- The next stop on our tour is the botanical gardens, where we can admire amazing species of tropical flora and fauna.
- For lunch we head to a restaurant to enjoy a buffet of Caribbean dishes.
- On our way back to the ship by coach, we can take pictures of a few characteristic views offered by the lush banana plantations.
- Before reboarding the ship, we will also stop at Pointe Seraphine, where the best duty free shops of the Caribbean are located, and you can buy jewellery, perfumes, make-up, spirits, cigarettes and cigars, souvenirs and local crafts.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- To participate in this excursion, you must be physically fit and be able to swim; the tour is not recommended for those who have mobility problems or suffer from sea sickness.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- There is limited availability of English speaking guides.
- This excursion is not recommended for pregnant women.
- The coaches are not air conditioned.
- The vehicles are not equipped with microphones.