EXCURSION TO THE EMERALD POOL AND TO THE TRAFALGAR “TWIN” FALLS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Drink included
An unmissable excursion to discover Dominica’s unspoilt nature among exotic flowers, tropical plants, scenic valleys, natural pools and waterfalls surrounded by greenery. Not to be missed!
What we will see
- Morne Bruce viewpoint
- Botanical Gardens: exotic flowers and tropical plants, native parrots
- Springfield Valley: tropical flora and fauna
- Emerald Pool and Ruseau Valley
- Trafalgar Falls (“Twin Falls”)
What we will do
- We start our excursion leaving the port behind us on a coach headed to the Morne Bruce viewpoint: its exceptional position 120 m asl enables us to take amazing photos of the capital and of the Caribbean Sea.
- We continue with the Botanical Gardens where we can admire and photograph many species of exotic flowers and tropical plants as well as rare birds on the brink of extinction such as the famous “Sisserou” and “Jaco” native parrots, national symbols of Dominica.
- We then get back on our coach to cross the city of Roseau and reach Springfield Valley, with its incredible variety of tropical flora and fauna.
- We venture into the heart of the rainforest as far as the enchanting Emerald Pool fed by a 12-metre waterfall. This natural pool is surrounded by majestic trees reflecting into the water and creating its characteristic green hue.
- We continue driving along the green Springfield Valley and, before reaching the Trafalgar Falls, we stop for a refreshing drink.
- Our guide then leads us through the scenic Roseau Valley as far as the famous Trafalgar Falls, also known as Twin Falls. Both waterfalls are generated by the Breakfast River, affluent of the Roseau River and are commonly referred to as “Papa Falls” (the higher one on the left, 38 m) and “Mama Falls (the lower one on the right, 22 m). We can climb to a panoramic platform to enjoy the spectacle of the waterfalls and lush tropical greenery.
- After visiting the waterfalls, we return to the port and our ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend wearing comfortable hiking shoes/boots or sturdy sports shoes.