EXCURSION TO THE SUPLPHUR SPRINGS AND TRAFALGAR FALLS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Drink included
A thrilling tour dedicated to the discovery of Dominica’s unspoilt nature among waterfalls, tropical plants and colourful birds but also to the wellness of our minds and bodies with a visit to the Wotten Waven hot sulphur springs.
What we will see
- Botanical gardens: exotic flowers and tropical plants, native parrots
- Roseau Valley and Wotten Waven sulphur springs
- Stop at the Papillote Hotel for a drink
- Trafalgar Falls (“twin falls”): walk in the forest
What we will do
- We start our excursion driving through Roseau on a coach as far as the Botanical Gardens where we can admire and photograph many species of exotic flowers and tropical plants as well as rare birds on the brink of extinction such as the famous “Sisserou” and “Jaco” native parrots, the symbols of Dominica.
- The tour continues along the Roseau Valley as far as Wotten Waven, defined as the “Health and Wellness Village”. Our guide takes us on a walk through the rainforest as far as the hot sulphur springs known for their therapeutic effects.
- The springs gush hot volcanic water in a circular area in which the locals bathe to benefit from their healing properties.
- After visiting the sulphur springs, we stop at the Papillote Hotel to sip a rum punch or a refreshing fruit beverage.
- The tour continues with a visit to one of the most extraordinary and spectacular places in the Caribbean: the Trafalgar Falls or “Twin Falls”. Both waterfalls are generated by the Breakfast River, affluent of the Roseau River and are commonly referred to as “Papa Falls” (the higher one on the left, 38 m) and “Mama Falls (the lower one on the right, 22 m).
- Here, we can decide whether to go for a walk with our guide along a forest path to listen to the sounds of some of the rarest birds in the world and admire the waterfalls from another perspective.
- After our stop at the Trafalgar Falls, we head back to Roseau and to our ship.
What you need to know
Please note: Space is limited please reserve early. Comfortable hiking shoes/boots or sturdy sneakers are recommended. The order of the visits may change.