HIBISCUS FALLS AND RAINFOREST TOUR
Nature excursion, Tasting
A thrilling tour to discover Dominica, rightly known as the “The Nature Island of the Caribbean”, to get to know its flora and fauna as we venture into the tropical rainforest among waterfalls, fruit-tree plantations and colourful birds. Not to be missed!
What we will see
- Morne Bruce viewpoint: stop for photos
- Botanical gardens: exotic flowers and tropical plants, “Sisserou” and “Jaco” parrots
- Island interior: plantations with various fruit trees
- Hibiscus Falls: stop for photos and tasting of local fruit and beverages
What we will do
- We start our excursion by crossing Roseau, capital of Dominica, as far as the Morne Bruce viewpoint: its exceptional position enables us to take amazing photos of the capital and of the Caribbean Sea.
- The second stop on our tour are the Botanical Gardens where we find enormous trees, exotic flowers and tropical plants. In 1979, the destructive force of hurricane David reduced the forty acres of the garden to a cemetery of branches. The Gardens were then restored and are now home to rare birds on the brink of extinction that are the national symbol of Dominica, i.e. the **”Sisserou” and “Jaco” parrots.
- We continue inland and, along the way, realise why it is called “The Nature Island of the Caribbean”: we in fact cross the tropical forest as well as many plantations with various fruit trees such as mangoes, bananas, avocados and cocoa.
- We stop by the Hibiscus Falls hidden by the luxuriant vegetation yet easily accessible with a short walk.
- We have some free time available to take a few photos and also get the chance to savour seasonal fruits and sip a rum punch or fruit juice.
- After the stop, we head back to the ship driving along the green Dominica valleys on our coach.
What you need to know
- There are 56 steps to reach the Hibiscus Falls.