ROMNEY GARDENS AND RAINFOREST
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Drink included
A magnificent excursion allowing us to fully indulge in nature on the island of St. Kitts: ranging from the splendid Romney Gardens to the verdant rainforest, where a refreshing walk awaits upon the discovery of tropical plant and wild life.
What we will see
- Leeward Coast: picturesque valleys and fields, verdant mountains, Caribbean Sea
- Wingfield Estate: Romney Gardens and Caribelle Batik Studios
- Rainforest of St. Kitts: tropical plant and wild life
What we will do
- We will begin our tour with a coach ride along the*panoramic Leeward Coast, which winds round **picturesque valleys and sugar cane fields, where we can glimpse **verdant mountains* on one side and the Caribbean Sea on the other side.
- The first stop on our tour takes us to Romney Gardens, 5 hectares of magnificent , well cared for gardens, belonging to the Wingfield estate, owned by Samuel Jefferson, the great-great grandfather of Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the United States and where, presently, Caribelle Batik Studios headquarters can be found, which creates world-famous extremely colourful tapestries, for which the famous brand, Caribelle Batik, is known.
- From here, we will continue our tour into the*verdant rainforest of St. Kitts* to freshen up with a walk amidst nature, along a level pathway with varying depth within the dense forest, where we can admire a large variety of*tropical plant and animal life*. Before and after the walk, we will be offered home-made Caribbean juices, seasonal fruit, sweets and spring water.
What you need to know
- Do not forget to bring your camera.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems or wheelchair users.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- This excursion includes an English speaking guide.