RIDING BY LAND AND SEA
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
Let us explore the Jamaican interior riding through unspoilt countryside and small picturesque village as we admire picture-perfect views until we actually get into the sea on our horses!
What we will see
- Panoramic tour of the coast
- Sandy Bay Ranch
- Riding surrounded by nature
- Blue Hole estate *View from Black Hill
- Horse riding in the sea
- Stop in a ranch
What we will do
- We get on a coach and head west on a sightseeing tour of the coast**, where we are treated to a series of amazing sea views as we glide along.
- We reach the Sandy Bay Ranch located near a picturesque village, where we get off and get ready for a thrilling excursion in touch with nature.
- After a brief introduction, we are assigned a trusted steed that will take us to discover the island: all horses are well-trained and friendly and know the itinerary!
- We are lulled by the horse's gait as we cross the amazing Blue Hole estate, an old sugar cane plantation dating back to the 16th century covering over 300 hectares of lush vegetation. We admire the main house, the ruins of a windmill and wonder how life in a colony must have been.
- Surrounded by the unspoilt countryside, we ride by small picturesque villages and cross a stream to reach the top of Black Hill, offering spectacular views of the ocean.
- Back to the shore, we take a short break to have a cold drink while our guides unsaddle the horses and get them ready to enter the water: we then get back on our horse for a bareback ride in the sea: a truly extraordinary experience!
- We head back to the reach, where we can relax to the sound of reggae music and take advantage of the break to try our hand at the activities available at the ranch such as rock climbing and mechanical bull riding. We then make our way back to the ship.
What you need to know
- Minimum age: 6 years.
- Maximum weight: approximately 108 kg.
- The horse ride lasts approximately 1 hour.
- pregnant women and people with back and neck problems are not allowed to take part in this excursion.
- Souvenirs and a photo CD are available to purchase at Chukka Blue (cash payments only).