THE MYSTERY AND CHARM OF THE ROSE HALL GREAT HOUSE
Cultural, Shopping, Drink included
We visit the charming Rose Hall Great House, an amazing 18th-century plantation house located in a fantastic estate where stories of witchcrafts, murder and revenge fire up our imagination just like the lovely refurbished environments.
What we will see
- Montego Bay Free Zone
- Hip Strip, Doctor's Cave Beach
- Rose Hall Great House
- Welcome drink and guided visit
- Half Moon Shopping Village
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us on a coach and pass by the Montego Bay Free Zone gathering duty free shops, offices and activities, headed towards the suburbs.
- We drive along the Hip Strip, Montego Bay's liveliest street due to its huge variety of shops, and pass by Doctor’s Cave Beach, a fabulous stretch of white sand lapped by crystal-clear waters.
- We finally reach the famous Rose Hall Great House, a magnificent colonial estate located among green hills offering panoramic views of the coast.
- Once there, we are welcomed by our guide offering us a taste of witch’s brew, a home-made speciality with white rum and fruit juice named after a sinister legend that made the estate famous.
- We visit the villa together with our guide, admiring the perfectly preserved rooms and discovering the story of the “white witch”, Annie Palmer, who is said to have murdered three husbands and numerous slaves before being killed by one of the latter. It is rumoured that her ghost haunts the villa.
- Afterwards, our coach takes us to Montego Bay, where we drive through the Ironshore area taking in the contrast between modest middle-class dwellings and luxury homes with magnificent architecture.
- Once in the centre, we make one last stop at the Half Moon Shopping Village, an elegant square with duty free shops and canary-yellow façades overlooking towering palm trees and gurgling fountains.
What you need to know