ADVENTURE AT DUNN'S RIVER FALLS AND SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS AT DOLPHIN COVE
Nature excursion, Entertainment
A truly thrilling and fun tour, during which we can test our physical abilities climbing Dunn’s river falls and playing with dolphins, all the while enjoying Jamaican hospitality.
What we will see
- Dunn's River Falls
- Dolphin Cove Park: dolphins, snakes, exotic birds
- swim and play with the dolphins
What we will do
- Our tour starts with the famous spectacular Dunn's River Falls, consisting of a series of drops on enormous rock terraces. We can go for a climb with an experienced local instructor who will help us make our way through the waters cascading directly into the uncontaminated Caribbean Sea (180 metre climb).
- After this exciting adventure we go to Dolphin Cove, a park that is located in a rather unique cove, surrounded by tropical jungle and where we can admire some splendid dolphins, snakes and exotic birds.
- At Dolphin Cove, we have the chance to swim and play with the dolphins, so we can enjoy their friendliness and playfulness (expect a kiss with a squirt or two!) as well as Jamaican hospitality.
What you need to know
- The excursion does not include swimming with the dolphins.
- This excursion does not include a guide. The instructors will provide information in English.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- The excursion includes a shuttle bus and the time spent at the two locations are subject to the discretion of the guests (relative to the entire tour duration).
- In light of the large number of participants, it is not possible for ship staff to be present on every shuttle bus. The ship staff will however be present at key locations such as Dolphin Cove and the waterfall carpark.
- The itinerary may be subject to change. A shuttle bus departs from the first location every 20 minutes en route to the next stop. If for example the first stop is Dolphin Cove, the next stop will be the waterfalls (by shuttle bus). There is then a shuttle bus from the waterfalls to return to the ship. In order to plan the journey, participants must take into account that the waterfalls and on-site services generally close at 16.00.
- You must be able to swim.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Minimum age: 8 years; minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do not forget to bring a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- We recommend you put your swimming costume on before leaving the ship.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to take part in this excursion.
- The dolphin programme includes a specialist instructor, takes place as a group and in no circumstances, owing to safety, is it possible to freely swim with the dolphins.
- For participants who wish to climb Dunn's river falls, we recommend wearing sturdy shoes with rubber soles or that you bring a spare pair of shoes with you.
- It is not mandatory to buy rubber shoes. It is possible to hire rubber shoes and lockers (not included in the price of the excursion) directly at Dunn's River Falls.
- We recommend bringing cash with you as not all stores accept credit cards.
- There are stairs at Dunn's river falls for those who do not wish to climb up the river falls or get wet.