PROSPECT PLANTATION AND THE MAGIC OF DUNN'S RIVER FALLS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Swimming
A tour perfect for everyone that combines history, nature and adventure. We start from an 18th-century plantation, pass through amazing natural scenery and end our day by climbing Dunn's River Falls.
What we will see
- 'Prospect Plantation', White River gorge and view, coconut trees
- 'Camel Park'
- Dunn's River Falls
What we will do
- After boarding our coach, we head towards Prospect Plantation where, on a tourist wagon towed by a tractor, we visit one of the oldest yet still active plantations in Jamaica.
- We then see the magnificent White River gorge and admire the fantastic view over the northern coast. On the clearest days, it is even possible to see the island of Cuba. Our guides will also tell us the stories of buccaneers and of the Spanish Main, the route followed by the ships headed to Spain.
- We then savour typical fruit while our guides show us how to climb up 9 metre high coconut trees and entertain us with local legends.
- We move on to Camel Park, where we can take a few pictures with some cute camels.
- The last stop on our tour are the famous Dunn's River Falls, where we can experience the power of its waters while we climb its natural terraces. Expert local guides will assist us during our climb, which lasts approximately 45 minutes.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- For participants who wish to climb Dunn's river falls, we recommend wearing sturdy shoes with rubber soles or that you bring a spare pair of shoes with you.
- It is not mandatory to buy rubber shoes. It is possible to hire rubber shoes and lockers (not included in the price of the excursion) directly at Dunn's River Falls.
- There are stairs at Dunn's river falls for those who do not wish to climb up the river falls or get wet.