BRIMMER HALL PLANTATION AND DUNN'S RIVER FALLS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Drink included
A tour perfect for everyone that combines history, nature and adventure. We start from an original plantation that is still in activity where we can savour exotic fruit and end with an exciting climb up Dunn's River Falls.
What we will see
- Brimmer Hall plantation: exotic fruit trees and products from the plantation, Great House
- Dunn's River Falls
What we will do
- Our tour starts with a visit to Brimmer Hall, an original plantation that is still active where we can admire the scenery from a open cart towed by a tractor. This plantation, which covers around 800 hectares near Bailey’s Vale, 10 km south-west of Port Maria, is home to banana, coconut, sugar cane, pineapple and citrus crops for export.
- During the frequent stops along the way, a guide will point out and describe the local exotic fruit trees and plantation products. We will also have the chance to taste fresh coconut and sugar cane.
- During our tour, we also visit the Great House for a self-guided tour. The manor house dates back to the 18th century and is located at the centre of the Brimmer Hall estate. It is magnificently furnished with Asian carpets, antique furniture and even an original suit of armour. We enjoy a free drink before leaving.
- The next stop, for which you need to bring a towel and bathing suit, is the number one attraction in Jamaica: the famous Dunn's River Falls, where we can climb its rock terraces overlooking the turquoise Caribbean Sea.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of English-language guides.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- It is possible to hire rubber shoes for 5 $ directly from Dunn's river falls or the terminal.
- There are stairs at Dunn's river falls for those who do not wish to climb up the river falls or get wet.