SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF KEY WEST, SHIPWRECK MUSEUM AND AQUARIUM
Let us enjoy all the main sights in Key West while comfortably seated on a tourist train or a bus, visit the shipwreck museum and learn more about local sea animals in an interesting aquarium.
What we will see
- Train or coach sightseeing tour
- Historic city centre and Duval Street
- Ernest Hemingway house-museum
- Southernmost Point
- Key West Shipwreck Historeum
- Key West Aquarium
What we will do
- We start exploring Key West on a tourist train or a picturesque coach that takes us to discover the city’s history and culture with a tour filled with information and peculiarities.
- We cross the city centre with the famous Duval Street, the main street in Key West, and pass by the Ernest Hemingway house-museum, the colonial residence where the great writer lived for many years.
- Our itinerary takes us to Southernmost Point, one of the most photographed parts of Key West: here, there is a colourful buoy-shaped concrete pylon that marks the southernmost tip of the continental United States.
- The train or bus tour ends in Mallory Square, from which we can easily reach our next destination: the Key West Shipwreck Historeum.
- There have been many shipwrecks in the Keys over the centuries due to the coral reef that surrounds them. There are reports of treasure hunting and recoveries of sunken loads already in the 1600s. The historic museum displays original artefacts from a vessel that sank in 1856 and recreates stories and atmospheres from days gone by thanks to actors, videos and laser technology.
- Finally, we reach the small yet very interesting Key West Aquarium, which has great ecological significance and displays the teeming underwater life of the waters surrounding the island. We can choose whether to go on a guided tour or visit the museum at our own leisure.
What you need to know
- Italian speaking guides are not available. This excursion will be guided by the driver in English.
- The train or bus trip lasts around 1 hour.
- The visits to the museum and aquarium last 45 minutes each, however guests are free to spend how long they want in them.
- The train or coach tour ends in Mallory Square, which is near both the museum and the aquarium.