CULTURE AND TRADITIONS OF COZUMEL
Nature excursion, Cultural, Meal included
The largest island in the Mexican Caribbean, Cozumel has a rich historical and cultural tradition waiting to be explored revealing its interesting past, enchanting traditions and charming present.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the island
- El Cedral village: church and Mayan temple
- Folk show
What we will do
- We meet our bilingual local guide and board a fully air-conditioned coach and set off for a sightseeing tour of the island perimeter.
- Our guide will entertain us with interesting facts and anecdotes on Cozumel, the largest inhabited island in Mexico, and on its fascinating history.
- Our first stop is the village of El Cedral, once the capital of Cozumel, where we will learn more about the ancient Mayan civilization who first inhabited the area.
- We visit the remains of a Mayan temple dedicated to the goddess of fertility, the most ancient site dating back to the 9th century BC which was destroyed by the first conquistadores as well as the church where the first Catholic function on Mexican territory was held according to historians.
- This amazing experience ends with a local folk dance show performed by professionals in costume and where we can enjoy a drink of our choice.
What you need to know
We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.