ECO-TOUR AND KAYAK RIDE IN THE LUCAYAN NATIONAL PARK
Nature excursion, Swimming, Tasting
A fun and educational activity suitable for all the family at the Lucayan National Park. We paddle in kayaks through a mangrove forest to discover the numerous plant and animal species in the park and explore on foot some of the caves used by the first inhabitants of the island.
What we will see
- Lucayan National Park, geology and natural history
- Kayak ride, mangroves, birds
- Gold Rock Beach
- Walking through Lucayan cave
What we will do
- We reach the Lucayan National Park by coach. It covers an area of 16 hectares with five different ecological areas. Along the way, our guide will provide information on the geology and natural history of the area.
- After a brief sightseeing tour of the park, the guide takes us on a kayak ride suitable for all ages and levels of experience. While visiting the mangrove forest, the guide will illustrate the rich ecosystem and the many inhabitants of the park and teach us how to recognise the many bird, plant and animal species.
- We then reach the magnificent Gold Rock Beach (one of the most famous on the island and the set for “Pirates of the Caribbean”), where we have lunch and relax on the beach before the second part of our excursion.
- We set off on foot to discover some caves used by the first inhabitants of the area, the Lucayans, who used them to gather water and as a burial place. The park is also home to one of the largest underwater cave systems in the world, of which 10 km of tunnels have been mapped so far.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- There will not be a guide on the excursion. A local escort will provide information in English.
- You need to be able to swim and be physically fit for this excursion.
- The excursion involves long periods of walking, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- The kayaks used are the open type and the waters we cross are calm.