UNDERGROUND RIVER AND AMAZING LAGOON SNORKELLING SESSION
We reach dry land to explore two incredible places part of the Riviera Maya - a spectacular underground river where we can swim amidst staggering rock formations and a fabulous lagoon where we will go on a snorkelling session in a true natural aquarium. A delicious lunch on the beach is the perfect end to this thrilling excursion.
What we will see
- Transfer to Playa del Carmen
- Exploring an underground river
- Yal-Ku natural aquarium
- Snorkelling in the lagoon
- Beach lunch
What we will do
- From the pier in Cozumel we take the ferry to Playa del Carmen, on the Yucatán coast, in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya.
- Our guide awaits us and, together, we get on an air-conditioned minivan in small groups of maximum 12 people to reach the first stop on our excursion - a spectacular underground river where we will take part in an unforgettable experience.
- After a short safety briefing and instructions on how to use the equipment, we follow our guide on an adventurous underground exploration walking through caves and tunnels, swimming in the river's crystal-clear waters surrounded by enchanting rock formations as well as stalactites and stalagmites which creates a surreal atmosphere.
- Our next stop is the amazing Yal-Ku Natural aquarium - a lagoon where the freshwater from the surrounding cenotes meets the saltwater of the Caribbean Sea forming the ideal habitat for a huge variety of fish.
- We dive in for an unforgettable snorkelling session among colourful tropical fish to explore the tranquil inlets of the bay in a truly enchanting landscape.
- This amazing excursion ends with a delicious lunch on the beach surrounded by the sky, land and sea which merge into a dreamlike scenario. After a relaxing break, we go back to Playa del Carmen and get on the ferry to Cozumel.
What you need to know
- We recommend wearing a swimming costume under your clothing, comfortable clothing and shoes and bringing non-slip shoes if possible.
- Do not forget to bring a towel, biodegradable sun cream, insect repellent, a change of clothes, waterproof camera and cash.
- Minimum age: 8 years. * Children under 7 years of age must be constantly accompanied by an adult and can only take part in certain activities.
- You must be able to swim and be physically fit.
- The excursion is not recommended for pregnant women and guests with mobility problems or suffering from breathing or cardiac problems, fainting spells and claustrophobia.