SNORKELING AT CORAL GARDENS AND STINGRAY CITY
Nature excursion, Swimming, Drink included
Happily immersed in the island's warm waters, we get close up to the different species of fishes and the multicoloured varieties of coral. And for a fitting end, a close encounter with giant rays at Stingray City awaits us!
What we will see
- Snorkeling at Coral Gardens* Stingray City and the giant rays
What we will do
- This excursion combines two of the most trendy activities of the Cayman Islands: a visit to Stingray City and a unique snorkeling experience.
- We sail by boat to Coral Gardens.
- During the journey, which lasts 25 minutes, we are given instructions on how to use the mask, the snorkel, the fins and the life vest when we go snorkeling.
- When we arrive at Coral Gardens, we dive into the water where we enjoy a wonderful experience exploring a real living coral reef, with its many varieties of corals and tropical fish. This splendid location offers us the opportunity to admire almost all the species of fish close up, including the parrotfish, the sergeant major fish with its black stripes, the multicoloured angelfish and the common eagle ray.
- After snorkeling, we head for Stingray City, where we dive again to swim with the Southern Stingrays.
- Stingrays began to populate this area several decades ago, when fishermen used to clean fish on the shallow sandbars. Forgetting their shyness, the rays began to approach to feast on the leftovers. The crew gives us a brief history of this species and informs us of the necessary precautions to be taken when approaching these majestic creatures. *We can film and touch these magnificent marine creatures that swim peacefully around us, in water that is less than a metre deep.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- You need to be able to swim and be physically fit for this excursion.
- This tour is not recommended for guests who suffer from sea sickness and those who have mobility problems.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.