KAYAKING AMONG THE MANGROVES AND ENCOUNTER WITH STINGRAYS
Nature excursion, Swimming, Drink included
Kayak among the mangroves accompanied by two guides who illustrate the extraordinary local flora and fauna and reach Stingray City by boat for an unforgettable close encounter with the stingrays inhabiting the lagoon.
What we will see
- Cayman Islands Yacht Club
- Kayak excursion
- Crossing North Sound by boat
- Stingray City
- Diving with stingrays
- Optional stop in Margaretville
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and, after a short journey, reach the Cayman Islands Yacht Club where we are welcomed by the two guides who will accompany us on our excursion.
- We get ready to explore the placid waters of the mangrove forest by kayak as our guides point out the many wild animal species we can spot.
- After 45 minutes of paddling, we board a boat to cross the North Sound lagoon, which covers most of the western part of the island of Grand Cayman.
- Our destination is Stingray City, a series of shallow sandbars protected by the coral reef where these incredible sea creatures gather in large numbers.
- We dive into the shallow water to make friends with the stingrays who allow us to get near and pet them. What a thrill to be surrounded by these swirling creatures with their long stingers!
- After our experience with the stingrays, we return to our boat taking us to the Yacht Club and, from there, make our way back to the port. Those who wish can stop in Margaretville just a few minutes on foot from the ship for a walk and some shopping.
What you need to know
- Minimum age: 6 years.
- Maximum weight: 105 kg.
- All the equipment necessary is included.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, a hat and sun cream.